Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Who Invented The Computer Mouse


My computer mouse is my every day tool, every morning when I get to my office the first thing I do is touch my computer mouse,  and,  I was wondering, who invented the mouse, well, after a short research, I discovered that Douglas Engelbart was the father of the computer mouse.


In 1964, the first prototype computer mouse was made to use with the graphical user interface 'windows'. Engelbart received a patent for the wooden shell with two metal wheels in 1970, describing it in the patent application as an "X-Y position indicator for a display system. It was nicknamed the mouse because the tail came out the end. His version of windows was not considered patentable, but Douglas Engelbart has over 45 other patents to his name.
Throughout the '60s and '70s, while working at his own lab, Engelbart dedicated himself to creating a hypermedia groupware system called NLS (for oNLine System). Most of his accomplishments, including the computer mouse and windows, were part of NLS.
In 1968, a 90-minute, staged public demonstration of a networked computer system was held at the Augmentation Research Center -- the first public appearance of the mouse, windows, hypermedia with object linking and addressing, and video teleconferencing.
Douglas Engelbart was awarded the 1997 Lemelson-MIT Prize of $500,000, the world's largest single prize for invention and innovation. In 1998, he was inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame.


Douglas Engelbart is currently the director of Bootstrap Institute in Fremont, in California, which promotes the concept of Collective IQ.


The best part of his creation is that you dont have to worry when you touch the mouse , you wont get any disease, and you can leave your chesse right in front of him, the mouse does not eat it,  the computer mouse will always be there for you, no matter how many times you click it, he won't bite you.


I hope you like this posting, coments below please.

I  I
I  I
I  I
I  I
I     I  I     I
I   I  I   I
I  I
V

No comments:

Post a Comment